GOT STICKY NOTES?

In a preschool setting, the phone is very important; perhaps more important than in most businesses due to the fact that the center is responsible for young humans incapable of caring for themselves. Calls from prospective parents, current parents, employees, prospective employees, schools, regulators, vendors, and others keep the phone busy.

While meeting with a client recently, the phone rang several times and she had to stop and take notes and pass messages to her staff.  She also had sticky notes all over the edge of her desk. In a typical preschool, there is no electronic call handling system and, if there is one, it is not connected to a centralized task management or database system.

There are often notes and stickies left for staff members or written in a paper notebook or kept in a file on a single computer.  Message logging and staff communication are critical in a preschool environment and are even an evaluated component of many preschool quality measures. As I looked at all of the sticky notes on the desk, I wondered whether she had ever considered a database so that she and her staff could store and access information, centrally.

I thought it was an appropriate time to discuss the task management and database solution that I offered as part my service. She was excited and found it easy to use. I was glad that she found value in the system. On my latest Zoom call with her, I asked about sticky notes. She laughed and replied "What sticky notes?"

ABOUT SKWEEBLE APP / ENROLLSMART

Skweeble App is a proprietary system that I've developed to help child care centers and other small businesses staff, communicate with their teams, be more efficient, and stay in compliance. To learn whether your center can benefit from Skweeble App, complete my contact form and I will send you more information.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Back To 2008

What's Your COVID-19 Business Plan?

ARE YOU LEAVING HELP ON THE TABLE?